Thursday, May 12, 2016

Summer 2016

Finally took a break from glass painting and got out to paint "en plein air"


Clackamette park 11" x 14" oil on board

Yesterday while firing my glass pieces I started this little painting. It's from a photo I took on an exploratory trip north of Newport a while ago. I finished it today while waiting for the right light in the studio for photographing the right panel of the church window I'm finishing up. I saw a lot of promise in this scene. The light is unique for my outdoor paintings. It was overcast and a bit moody but the color still had some richness.


Li'l Island 14" x 11" oil on canvas

Another one started in the evening. I worked on it when I could squeeze in time between the weekends activities. I tried not to fuss it to death but it needed a lot of detail to capture my vision. Just finished it this afternoon. Now back to glass painting.


Sea Cave 12" x 16" oil on board.


Two of my paintings on either side of another artist's work on the wall of a friend.



 

1 comment: