Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer 2015


Downriver 16" x 20" plein air oil on canvas.
got to use my new easel extension for greater height.

Country Fair


I designed the poster for the Oregon Country Fair this year. There was some unfortunate politics around this image that caused me to make a few minor changes to appease some "politically correct" critics. They finally accepted the revised image, although I did hear some discouraging words at the fair. Most comment I got from people there were very positive and encouraging. Since I was going to be there for the whole fair, I thought I would create small paintings to show at the fair. Most of these are from photos I have taken in recent years.


"Fairyworld at the Fair" 8" x 10" oil on board


"Ceramic Booth - Country Fair" 8" x 10" oil on board


"Godzilla" 8" x 10" oil on board


"Dragon Gate" 9" x 12" oil on board

 The last one: " Connie's Booth " was painted while I was there. 

Connie's booth 12" x 9" oil on board

 Margaret got some shots of me painting in front of Connie's Tarot booth. I never realized I squinted so much when I work. You can see my home-made easel palette combo that has really lightened my kit a lot. I think it is an elegant design that I borrowed from James Coulter who sells kits like this at his website.









Someone got this picture of me right after I painted Connie's booth.


Back home and on the Willamette for some mid summer vistas. This river looks great from so many viewpoints. It is just down the road from my house to many of my favorite spots.


"Elk Rock Island Vista" 16" x 20" oil on canvas


"Elk Rock Afternoon" 12" x 24" oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment